Our training courses are designed to inspire, equip and empower you to put ethical trade at the heart of your work and make a real difference to workers' lives around the world.
Based on in-depth knowledge gained through practical experience and cutting-edge research, and delivered by leading experts in the field, ETI offers a range of training courses on key ethical trade issues.
We have courses for all levels - from those who are new to ethical trade, to experienced professionals grappling with specific workplace challenges. And we can help build capacity of staff in retail, brand or supplier companies throughout the supply chain, as well as those working in trade union and voluntary organisations.
Why choose ETI for training?
ETI is ideally placed to provide training on all aspects of ethical trade. Our training courses draw on our unique, practical experience of working with companies, trade unions and NGOs to implement codes of labour practice in ways that make a real difference to workers' lives.
Here are SIX GOOD REASONS why you should choose ETI for your training courses.
- The authoritative voice on ethical trade. ETI is renowned for its expertise on how to implement codes of labour practice in global supply chains. This is based on over 10 years' experience of working with companies, trade unions and NGOs to identify and develop best practice, and to distil those lessons into practical guidance.
- Grounded in the real world. We work with practitioners from companies, trade unions, community and voluntary organisations to help them put ethical trade into practice. Which means we know what things are like in the real world, and can use our knowledge of what works and what doesn't to help you make real change on the ground.
- On top of the latest thinking. We are constantly improving and updating our courses to include learning from our research and project work with members, which means that you have access to all the latest thinking and best practice in ethical trade. As well as being on top of current issues, we have an eye to the future so we can help you prepare and deal with new and emerging issues as they arise.
- Practical and relevant to your work. Our training courses provide you with knowledge and skills that are relevant to your role, and that you can put into practice in your workplace. We use practical examples and case studies to bring issues to life, and to show you how others have dealt with issues that you encounter.
- Ensuring effective learning. We make sure that participants get the most out of our courses. Courses are carefully designed to ensure that they achieve their aims and learning objectives. They are delivered by experienced trainers who are experts in their field. And because sessions are interactive and participatory, there is plenty of opportunity for sharing experiences and discussing the issues that matter to you.
- Track record for high-quality training. All this effort pays off. We have built a strong track-record in developing and delivering high-quality training courses which is reflected in the consistently positive feedback we receive from participants on our essentials of ethical trade course, the growth of our tailored training courses, and our recent accreditation as a City & Guilds provider of Train the Trainer courses.
Bespoke training - Let us come to you
As well as our ‘open' training courses on ethical trade, we also offer in-house training which can be tailored to meet the specific needs of your company or organisation. We can work with you to design and deliver anything from a single one-off workshop, to a series of courses which are rolled out across your company or supply chain.
ETI's tailored courses provide the ideal opportunity to:
- Raise the expertise of a whole team, or groups of managers or suppliers.
- Target the training at your specific needs and reflects your priorities.
- Include specific information relating to your sector and your way of operating.
- Target different functions within your company or supply chain (eg buyers, technical staff, senior managers or first-tier suppliers).
- Address hard-to-tackle issues where you need additional support.
- Make the most of your training budget, by delivering training in the most cost-effective way.
To discuss your specific training needs or for more information on our tailored training, contact our training team, firstname.lastname@example.org or +44(0)20 7841 4350.