We don't carry out audits against the ETI Base Code ourselves, as that's not our role as an organisation. However, many private certification and auditing companies have experience of carrying out audits against the Base Code, and some of them have staff around the world. Below are some of the ones we know about:
- Partner Africa (not-for-profit)
- Bureau Veritas
- Pricewaterhouse Coopers
- Verité (not-for-profit)
Please note that ETI does not endorse any of these organisations.
As the quality of audit firms and individual auditors varies tremendously, some tips on making sure you get accurate results are:
- Ask that the audit is carried out by local staff with appropriate language skills and cultural knowledge.
- Make sure the audit team has a gender balance that matches that of your workforce.
- Make sure the auditors carry out confidential interviews with workers.
- Ask for experienced auditors.
- Ask that auditors give a narrative account, rather than just ticking boxes.
You may also find a local non-governmental organisation in your area that has relevant skills and could either carry out, or participate in an audit.