ETI is a leading alliance of trade unions, NGOs and businesses, working together to advance human rights in global supply chains. We convene and collaborate with key stakeholders to improve business transparency and accountability and bring about positive change. A critical friend, ETI provides practical solutions to end the abuse of human rights at work, to make workers’ lives, and business, better.
ETI’s vision is a world of work that protects human rights, ensures dignity for all, provides opportunity and is free of exploitation and abuse.
With a combined turnover of over £166 bn, our company members include supermarkets, fashion retailers, department stores and stone sourcing companies, as well as major suppliers to retailers of food and drink, flowers, clothing, shoes, home wear, promotional and other products.
Our voluntary sector members bring specialised knowledge of labour rights and international development, while our union members represent nearly 160 million workers around the world in every country where free trade unions can operate.
ETI is hosting an in-person event for its members, including companies, NGOs and Trade Unions. This will be approximately 150 people.
This will be the first in person multi-member event ETI is hosting since Covid.
Overarching event objective
Showcase ETI’s direction, relevance and value to members
With the additional outcomes as the following;
- Hold the AGM (Annual General Meeting)
- Introduce members to the new ETI Board Chair
- Position the ETI 5-year strategy and its relevance
- Bring members together for the first time since Covid
- Opportunity to network and be in person with other members
Agenda and timing
It will be a day event starting at 9.30am running to 5pm and will have 6 main sections;
- AGM - Complete the legal company required business, including the approval of the Annual Audit accounts by the Authorised Representatives from the membership
- Welcome and introduction to ETI’s new Board Chair – introduction of ETI’s 5-year strategy
- Panel discussion with external speakers
- Networking and lunch
- Three simultaneous breakout sessions on themes relevant to ETI’s strategy and the members work on addressing human rights in supply chains
- Networking and drinks
ETI is looking to hire a freelance consultancy position to support the planning and delivery of this event.
AGM and Members Event Co-ordinator
Duration: This role is required for 3 months until 30th September 2022 offered as a short-term consultancy contract.
Hours: for the equivalent of 1-2 days per week
Location: ETI staff have a hybrid working practice so most of the work can be completed remotely. There may be the need to meet in person occasionally
The event is due to take place at a central London location on Tuesday 20th September
Payment: £160 per day (7.5 hours) on submission of a weekly/monthly progression time sheet. Any additional cost will be agreed in advance as per ETI contract T&C’s
Requirement of the role:
- Maintain and adhere to a detailed budget for the event
- Manage and update a detailed event production schedule/work plan,
- Support ETI staff on meeting the objectives and planning the sessions, including scheduling and attendance at regular planning meetings
- Work with ETI senior staff and board to invite and secure speakers and other contributors
- Work with Operations Team who will arrange travel, accommodation and any other requirements for speakers and contributors and guests/attendees joining from outside the UK.
- Support content leads with additional content planning sessions to ensure overarching narrative is cohesive and developed with a consistency of approach
- Work with Comms Manager and Digital lead on all comms aspects of the event planning
- Respond to general enquiries about the event (email@example.com email to be used)
- Support the SMT lead in managing and co-ordinating events on the day at the Venue.
How to apply:
Please send your CV to HR@eti.org.uk by 12th July 2022.