- 16 August 2019
- Resource typeApplication forms
- SubjectJob vacancy
ETI is a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs that promotes respect for worker’s rights worldwide. ETI’s company members include major high street retailers, luxury fashion labels and supermarkets and it works together with the membership and international partners to drive long-lasting change for workers in global supply chains.
We are looking for an exceptional Strategic Lead for General Merchandise (electronics, furniture, rubber, stone, and more), based in the UK. The Strategic Lead will provide leadership and expert insight within the General Merchandise sector to drive and manage the design, development and implementation of key global supply chain programmes and other related initiatives to better protect the rights of workers around the world.
Key responsibilities include:
- To provide leadership to members in applying robust due diligence systems to prevent, manage and mitigate risks of workers’ rights abuses and access to remedy for workers in global supply chains.
- To promote and enable tri-partite, multi-stakeholder dialogue to support local actors to develop local solutions to build self-sustaining platforms which will create the conditions for sustainable improvement in workers’ rights. Promote and facilitate multi-stakeholder dialogue and to assist in the development of self-sustaining local ETI platforms to improve workers’ rights
- Represent ETI at national and international conferences and events, engaging and influencing governments
- Degree-level education and subject matter expertise in International Labour Standards and human rights
- Experience working collaboratively with diverse groups of clients or stakeholders, including for company representatives, NGOs and Trade Unions
- Expertise working with and analysing supply chains in the Global South
- Excellent communication skills and experienced in engaging a diverse range of stakeholders including business, government, trade unions and NGOs
ETI has positioned itself as a global leader in offering multi-stakeholder and long-term solutions to complex and challenging issues, striving to achieve respect for workers worldwide.
Salary commensurate with skills and experiences. Benefits include 7% pension, 25 days holiday, cycle-to-work scheme, childcare vouchers and interest-free travel loan.
Download the application pack above.
Contact: Angela Byer on 020 7841 4350 or email@example.com
Closing date for applications 7 October 2019 at 4pm.