Country Programme Manager, Turkey
The Country Programme Manager will work with stakeholders in the apparel and textile sector in Turkey to implement the UN Guiding Principles on Business and Human Rights (UNGPs) through the establishment, and on-going management, of a local platform – which brings together business, trade unions and civil society to raise awareness and capacity and enable workplace social dialogue to address the root causes of the labour rights issues of vulnerable workers.
Closing date: Fri 24 June 2016
Senior Business Advisor
Central London, England. £Competitive + Benefits
The Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) is a leading alliance of companies, trade unions and NGOs. We are working in partnership with Acre consultants to identify a Senior Business Advisor.
ETI promotes respect for workers' rights around the world. Our vision is a world where all workers are free from exploitation and discrimination, and enjoy conditions of freedom, security and equity.
The successful individual will report directly to the Head of Membership Services. You will work closely with private sector companies to develop and implement initiatives to result in expanding ETI’s membership portfolio.
Regularly engage with potential and existing members, to ensure the long-term growth and sustainability of ETI’s membership.
- Research and develop relationships with prospective business partners with the aim of onboarding new members
- Develop and deliver a strategic plan to recruit new members, including financial targets and a programme of activity
- Support prospective members to ensure they have the tools to develop and delivery a strategic plan to gain ETI membership
- Keep abreast of trends and news through attending external events, remaining networked and also organising ETI events
The position is core to ETI’s Membership Services team. It requires significant expertise in client engagement and relationship management combined with the ability to influence and negotiate in a multi-stakeholder environment. You will develop new approaches to build ETI’s membership and establish systems and processes to efficiently track your progress.
Skills and capabilities
- Proven track record in building and developing strategic partnerships
- Demonstrable experience of building relationships
- Experience of implementing external standards in a supply chain in a corporate environment, preferably in retail or manufacturing
- Strong presentation skills with experience of delivering pitches and closing business
- Graduate degree in business, marketing or a related field with knowledge of ethical trade issues, labour standards and CR
This is an exciting opportunity to gain exposure across a range of global retailers and major trade bodies whilst also supporting a leading voluntary organisation that is at the forefront of ethical trade issues and labour standards.
Contact: Nick Daniel, Consultant
Tender - Evaluation of ETI's Tamil Nadu mill programme
ETI is seeking an evaluation consultant for Phase I of its Tamil Nadu Multi-Stakeholder programme working with young women workers in cotton mills and garment factories. Ideally we are looking for a local consultant with appropriate language skills or access to translators.
The deadline for expressions of interest is Friday 10th June 2016.
Tender: Evaluation of ETI's Rajasthan Sandstone programme
We are commissioning an independent evaluation of our Rajasthan Sandstone programme.
Head of Membership Services (Maternity Cover)
The Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) seeks a Head of Membership Services to lead the services offered to its members on a 12 Month Fixed-Term Contract. This position is paramount in ensuring that ETI attracts and retains relevant members and delivers a service of the highest quality that will assist members in their efforts to implement and support ethical practice.
ETI is a leading alliance of over 90 companies, trade unions and NGO's that promotes and respects the rights of workers around the world.
- Lead and develop ETI Member recruitment strategy and actively recruit new industry members
- Oversee the application process for potential new members up to formal presentation to the ETI Board
- Ensure the induction process for new members is carried out by the team in a timely and business like way
- Lead identification of the common needs and ensure the team coordinates the provision of services to members, including training courses, to help them develop and meet their Ethical Trading development objectives
- Oversee the implementation of the continuous improvement process that includes annual reporting, feedback and appraisal visits to provide robust critical but constructive input to members' development
- Working closely with other units, provide and/or organise coaching for members to actively participate in ETI programme groups supply chain activity, or other relevant activity
- Provide timely and appropriate responses to members' inquiries
- As required facilitate members' caucus functions to ensure efficient operation
- Oversee coordination of any complaints and actions related to membership and the ETI code
- Provide the initial response to issues related to membership, ensuring that all issues are properly tracked and recorded, that others within ETI are engaged as necessary and that ETI provides appropriate assistance where needed
- Develop annual budgets and revenue projections, commitments and actual expenditure
Skills and Capabilities
- Leadership - Experience of managing a team of high performing self-motivated individuals
- Strategy and Planning - Experience of participating in successful organisational level strategic planning processes, setting organisation goals and analysing operating environments
- Stakeholder Management - Wide experience with diverse groups of clients and stakeholders, both for profit and not for profit at senior decision maker and budget holder level
- Specific Expertise - Expertise in engaging stakeholders in labour practices and/or, Human Rights
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills. Diplomacy and ability to communicate vision
This an exciting opportunity to become part of the Senior Management team of the Ethical Trade Initiative, contributing to overall organisational strategy and growth as well as leading on membership engagement.
If you are interested in this role, please contact Josh Jeffries at Acre
Direct Line +44 (0)20 7400 5853
Programme Support Officer
The Ethical Trading Initiative (ETI) is a ground-breaking alliance of companies, trade unions and voluntary organisations working together to improve the lives of workers in international supply chains.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a support officer to help strengthen ETI’s ability to improve working conditions by supporting the development and implementation of a series of collaborative work programmes that aim to achieve widespread, lasting change for workers. You will be involved in supporting the Head of Department and Category Leaders, organising meetings, taking minutes and learning about global supply chain issues.
You should have experience in providing support for development or human/workers rights programmes in terms of admin, research, information gathering, and presentation development.
This is a full-time post with an annual salary of between £20,000 and £28,000 plus benefits, commensurate with experience.
Closing date for applications: 31 May 2106
Interviews are scheduled for the week beginning 6 June 2016
CVs will not be accepted. No agencies please.