8.1 To every extent possible work performed must be on the basis of recognised employment relationship established through national law and practice.
8.2 Obligations to employees under labour or social security laws and regulations arising from the regular employment relationship shall not be avoided through the use of labour-only contracting, sub- contracting, or home-working arrangements, or through apprenticeship schemes where there is no real intent to impart skills or provide regular employment, nor shall any such obligations be avoided through the excessive use of fixed-term contracts of employment.
Relevant ILO conventions
Although there is no unique Convention dealing solely with regular employment, Conventions relevant to this clause of the ETI Base Code include the following:
- C95: Protection of Wages Convention, 1949
- C158: Termination of Employment Convention, 1982
- C175: Part-time Work Convention, 1994
- C177: Homework Convention, 1996
- C181: Private Employment Agencies Convention, 1997